About the city of Galesburg, Michgian
The City of Galesburg established in 1835 originally with the name Morton. It was platted in 1837 when it was given its current name & incorporated as a village in 1861 and as a city in 1931. Galesburg is named for Gen. L. Gale, an early settler. The total area of Galesburg is 1.45 square miles, of which 1.41 square miles is land & 0.04 square miles is water.